Bitte Sprache wählen

Hallo, bitte hier einloggen

Noch kein Mitglied?
und das neue & bessere, preisgekrönte English Live entdecken.

Close

+49 (0)32221095742

Willkommen bei "Teacher Question and Answer"
Got a nagging question about the English language? Ask Larissa! Post your questions in the discussion section.
Sprache: English
Mitglieder: 6093
Leiter: Larissa (Administrator)

Willst du diese Gruppe wirklich verlassen?

Soll die Diskussion Jealous .... wirklich gelöscht werden?
Von GBatista370, am 03.03.2016 09:50:21
Jealous ....

Hi guys I h***e a doubt about the intensity of jealous verb.

There is a hypothetic situation:

There are people succeed in the market. Imagine I am a beginner. So there are people I can use as an examples, examples to mirror or positions I would like to reach.

My doubt is to use this idea and don’t be inconvenient. I know that’s depends of the intensity of the expression and of course the situation. 

H***e “jealous of somebody” could sound bad. 

However, h***e “jealous of somebody” using the person as a mirror or expressing that the person is succeed and an example for everyone is acceptable. Expressing that, you would like to stay in that situation because you guess nice but you don’t want to offend the person or your friends.

I ask us about this because to say “jealous of somebody” in my language is complicated. All the time, when you use this verb in my language you need to explain the sense or put in the context for people understand your real intention. Generally, people ***oid use this verb. Only use it with closest people. For other people, we can substitute this verb by “I would like to be…”.

Is there the same situation in English?

Premium-Angebot
Eins zu eins- Betreuung für schnellere FortschritteIn kürzester Zeit fließend Englisch sprechen mit einem erfahrenen Privatlehrer. Unsere Kurse sind zu 100% auf Ihre Wünsche zugeschnitten, damit Sie Ihr Traumziel schneller erreichen.
Verwandte Gruppen
Word Puzzles
Education & Study TipsImprove your English with word puzzles and post...
An English Word a Day for Chinese Speakers
Education & Study TipsLearn one new word a day with help from the news.
Business English for Advanced English Speakers
BusinessThis group is in English. Practice and share Bu...
Everyday English for Advanced English Speakers
LifestylePractice common topics you'll encounter on a da...